Sunday, February 26, 2012

Retix Egg

+Tina Rowand asks "As a child, I begged my mother into purchasing an obsidian egg for me from a curio shop. It's about the size of a fist, heavy for its size, and glows a deep and shimmering gold when held at certain angles to the light. It's been a nick-knack on various bookshelves for most of the past two decades, but lately the gold highlights seem to be growing and I find myself picking it up to play with it or even just hold it. This morning, I woke up to find it in my hand, even though I put it on its stand before going to bed. What's going on?"

Tina, you only need to be a little worried, since it seems you have one of the rare Retix Eggs. Each is different, so we can't say which one you have, but the egg is getting ready to hatch.

The upside: it has bonded to you, so whatever creature (which will have obsidian skin like the egg) does come out won't maul you to death.

The possible downside: it may be bigger than your room (or still fit in your hand), so you might want to sleep outside in a tent for the next week.

Treat the creature right and give it some good books to eat so that it can learn. The types of books it feeds on will determine how it thinks, just to make you aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment